Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If'n I were any happier, I'd be twins!

Okay so the computer saga comes to an end.

What saga you ask? Read back in the archives, it's faster than me typing another post up.

(waits)

Okay so after replacing the motherboard and still no go. Buying a new power supply and that not working....I realized I was at a point I needed help.

Professional help.

A local computer repair shop treated my aunt and her teenagers' computers well (imagine viruses on laptops they don't have protection on...duh). So I dropped the behemoth off. Okay some backstory--My computer case is a CoolerMaster Server case, all metal, has wheels. For. A. Reason. It is a monster! But it's so sweet. They called last night. Yep, the motherboard AND CPU had gone bad. Both under warranty. Luck has it they have a slight upgrade and it's in the other motherboard I bought and 20ish bucks in labor plus the CPU and I am picking the computer up tonight. WOOOOOTTTTTT. W.O.O.T.!!!!!111one.

I should be back to maxed settings and 60 FPS except for major towns (oh Shat how our Video hates you). OH and I've been eyeing an upgrade to the video card too. 8800GT anyone?

I shall be updating the screen prints I need to show myself in all my 70 splendor don't you know!

0 Comments: