Thursday, July 12, 2007

Upgrades for Hawka

The grind to 39 is progressing. Hey, I like that..the grind to 39!

So, Batgik, 61 lvl Shammy in my guild Questionable Content, helped me finish off the troll tusk part of the Whirlwind Warrior Weapon quest. He also had previously grabbed the charms from the elementals in Arathi Highlands for me too. We go to the quest giver, do the things we need to do and he summons the cyclone.

We are victorious! With Batgik's help, of course. So! Here's my new axe!


Whirlwind Axe
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand
Axe
102 - 154 Damage
Speed 3.60
(35.6 damage per second)
+15 Strength
+14 Stamina
Durability 100 / 100
Classes: Warrior
Item Level 40

Over at Arms and Fury http://armsandfury.blogspot.com/2007/07/mace-spec.html the talent for mace specialization was discussed. Well, on a previous run of SM, I picked up this lovely little weapon.

Mograine's Might
Binds when picked up
Two Hand Mace
87-131 Dmg Speed 2.80
(38.9 damage per second)
+17 Stamina
+16 Spirit
Durability: 100 / 100
Requires Level 39

The stamina rocks, spirit is...meh. But for running the Battlegrounds, this might be a nice weapon. Throw an enchant on there and we are good to go.

So I need to get my 2hand Mace skill up. I am just using a basic green 2hand mace, no biggy. So after hitting 37 during the troll killing spring, I put 1 point in Mace Specialization. The tool tip says:
Gives your melee attacks a chance to stun your target for 3 sec and generate 6 rage when using a mace.

Hrm..interesting. Okay but we all know how much a chance is eh?

But wait! In SM, against the elites, it procced a goodly amount. It loves to do it when the mob runs too, so it's nice to keep runners close. I am definitely looking into taking the last two points I'll get and putting them in that Talent.

Let's revisit the axe. I have been trying to keep my 2 hand skills up to par, knowing this axe was coming. So both mace and axe are almost maxxed, sword is limping behind a bit.

So, we go into SM, I have the axe in hand(s) and we start in the cemetery. Come on Ironspine 1) spawn and 2) drop that chest piece! He spawns, but drops his ring...boo. We move over to the library to finish up a boss and get the books I need for my quests. Nice blue drops, can't use so they get vendored. We get to Herod and he drops his helm. UPGRADE!

Raging Berserker's Helm
Binds when picked up
Head
Mail
213 Armor
+13 Strength
+8 Stamina
Durability 70 / 70
Requires Level 37
Increases your critical strike rating by 14.
Item Level 42

Crit strike is nice, more deep wounds for you!

How did the axe perform? Oh, it is nice nice nice. I use TopScoreFu and it was lighting off a lot during the runs. Of course, the windfury and Strength of Earth Totems had a huge part of that. I had several crits over 650 and several hits over 600. My highest Crit is now 711 and my highest hit is 647ish. The green Mace I am using until I get to 39 was hitting hard so that tells you how much those totems work! Go shammy go!

The axe hits like a ton of bricks. It's huge! and I need a really good enchant on it. I hear it lasts for a few levels, for when I start leveling after 39.

In the library on one of the last little rooms (with the groups in each corner and books on benches) we had a runner pull the entire room. Totems were down and I had the mace in hand. I had retaliation, sweeping strikes and cleave up, so I put up retaliation, then sweeping strikes, waited for some rage and then cleave and then spammed Thunderclap. My screen looked like the Fourth of July. Wish I had a screen print. The shammy was like WTF was that?

It was a good night. We cleared the remainder of SM and only died once, in the armory from being kinda dumb.

Have a great day!

1 Comment:

Lance said...

I love using retaliation, sweeping strikes and cleave all in conjunction with three or more mobs the SCTD goes insane its awesome. and then when you have a crit rating of 28 percent like I did at one time every three or four attacks crits.
Lovely