Monday, November 5, 2007

Squad 51, this is Rampart.

And it was a wipe.

So, Ace of Spades--okay 3 of us, Shadow Priest, Rogue and myself and my boar pig, plus a Pally for healing and a warrior. I was running the group, marked the first two just inside the instance and bam grabbed aggro on the PAT guy. We adjusted and got through it.

Overall, this was a good group, flexible and when a pull went bad or something odd happened, or someone screwed up (and we all did) we overcame it and moved on. A few deaths, the rogue had to vanish the first time on the 2nd boss to prevent the wipe. Warrior went to sword and board and I kept the healer in the back to heal him up. Of course a dang blue mace dropped. No loot for me.

Dragon boss, oh the huge mannatee. We wiped, twice. Apparently, the warrior wasn't geared well enough to stay alive and the minute he lost aggro, the priest goes down or the pally and usually meant I was the last one standing, with the rogue vanishing to keep the wipe from occuring. OH wait, that boss resets anyway.

Anyone have any idea of a plan for that boss? Do we just need to find a tank that can stand up to the dragon? How do we transition from the humanoid boss to the dragon boss?

Of course, I turn in the letter you get and DING, 62. Oh and I am now honored with Thrallmar. Woot, Leatherworking recipes! and now to get honored with Centarion Expedition.

1 Comment:

Ratshag said...

Grats on 62, Mr. Pie!

There are a few tricks yer tank needs to know before this fight. If he just tries to do a stand-up tank & spank, he's gonna be a crispy critter, no matter what his gear is. (FR pots is a good idea too.)

The way I handled it was to tank the humanoid until the dragon landed. Then, I switched to the dragon while the rest of the party finished off the rider. I tanked him in the middle of the platform, moving to me left the whole time so's Mr. Dragon is spinning around his middle. This ways, I didn't have to stand in the flames for very long, if at all. Once they was done with the rider, the joins me on the dragon. Again, everyone rotates to they left to avoid the flames.

It's been a while, so I may have some of the details wrong, but hopefully you gets the general idea. Lucks to ya!